Monday, June 4, 2012

Sept 2011 - (Still Need Pics)Getting Ready for Halloween

This year we went to the fabric store to pick up fabric for Sophia's costume.  I just new she had to be Alice in Wonderland with that beautiful blond hair and blue eyes, and who could get over those chubby legs.  I had a pattern, from my Mom's old pattern stash that was two sizes too big but I felt confident that I could redraft the pattern.  Buying a new spring dress pattern with puffed sleeves and apron was surprisingly hard to find and I wasn't too keen on buying a new $15 pattern for something Sophia may wear only once.  The Halloween decorations were 75% off and so we made a detour down the accessories aisle.  Padon, for the 1st time, was all about the masks.  And strong latex smell, really scary faces, and all, wanted to wear all the masks, one after another.   Sophia was a little into it but one her face was covered, or something was on her head, would begin to whine saying "off, off..." I got some great pictures through it all.

Best of all the accessories, to Padon, was The Devil Pitch Fork.  So glorious in Padon's eyes it needs to be prefaced with 'The'.  He really, really wanted it.  I said "Padon, this Pitch Fork is for a Devil costume.  Let's take a look at the costume before you decide.  Because I don't want to buy you the Pitch Fork unless that is for sure what you want to be for Halloween.  I didn't really mind him having the Pitch Fork but I knew that the Pitch Fork would be just another "sword" and I probably would get hit with it and I wanted the futuristic poke and smack to mean something more than it was on sales for $3.  We went to the pattern section, and front and center was a Halloween pattern rack that had a 4 pack of patterns, strangely that held the combination of angel, panda, dragon, and devil.  I showed Padon the devil and he was in cloud 9.  I told him we would come back the next week to buy the fabric and Pitch Fork with my coupons, that turned out were good for the following weekend and not that current weekend.  It was a long week for him but he was just excited when we went back to get the Pitch Fork.  Second to the Pitch Fork came the Devil tail and Padon was just sure he had the best costume.  I love when making him things brings such huge satisfaction for him.  It makes me feel so special.  

No comments: