Tuesday, June 5, 2012

(Nov 2011) (Need Pics) Life's So Good You Gotta Wear Shades

Walter and I have tried to be generic with out kids with the intention of allowing them to develope their own sense of self without us pushing them toward a feminine or masculine gender.  We bought Padon baby dolls, and Sophia action figures.  By the time Padon was almost 3 he was very adament about what he thought was the right boy thing to do, and Sophia at 2 suddenly became obcessed with accessories.  She is very particular about what she wants to wear, but bring on the hats, shoes, clips, head bands, necklaces, rings and bracelets.  She loves her baby dolls, most specifically Tiny Baby, loves to push her stuffed animals and dolls around in a little stroller, and wraps them in blankets.

She has also amazed me in her ability to talk so clearly and is so great about using manners and is good about saying "Oh, sorry, Mommy."  when she hurts me.  It is so amazing to me the differences in development with Sophia but I have to wonder if some of her ability to speak so well has to do with school and being a younger sister.  I'd like to give her some credit though and to say that I think she is just a very talented and smart little girl.

No comments: