Wednesday, August 13, 2008

These shoes weren't made for walk'n, but that's just what they'll do...

How funny is it that when I get stuck on another unplanned bus adventure I always seem to have my camera?

I had another, get-to-learn-the-transit-system-of-the-greater-Seattle-area impromptu trip last night as I was attempting to get from Bellevue to Mill Creek's McCollum Park.


I hadn't realized, however, that I had left my bus pass in my other purse and since I had given my cash to Walter over the weekend I didn't have any bus money either. I got to down town Seattle to catch my second bus to find that getting cash was no easy task. I walked up and down University street up to 3rd ave and back down to 2nd ave 5 times before I could find the entrance to Washington Mutual only to find it was closed. After some searching I found they did have an ATM that happily wouldn't let me have any less than $20 and which charged me a $2 processing fee. I got back down to the kiddy-corner of my bus stop in time to see the last 412 pull up to get it's passengers and drive away. Argh! And I still needed to break the $20. Happily the Starbucks in the lobby of the very packed Seattle Art Museum was more than willing to break my 20 into bus denominations and didn't even charge me for a drink.


I went back to the bus station, hopped on the only bus I knew was going in my direction, and made my way to Northgate Park & Ride. With some help from the security guard there and the Customer Service Trip Planner (through the free phone service they had at the transit center; sweet!)
I made my way from Northgate to the University of Washington and onto McCollum Park where my car was. It was a way-out-of- my-way excursion that took me 4 1/2 hours to get home but on the upside I got a ton of knitting done on the bus and it was fun listening to the gals that got on the bus from the nursing school at the UW.


Walter was amazing and had a hot artichoke with melted butter (Yum!!!) waiting for me when I got home. You'd think this would teach me not to leave my bus pass behind. Knowing me it probably will happen again though. *Sigh*

5 comments:

joansy said...

How, or why, did you get to Seattle?

That's a pretty crazy trip, I'm glad you had fun, and kudos to Walter for the hot and yummy food!

Troop 41653 said...

Oh sweetie. You have a great attitude. I would still be crying!

Troop 41653 said...

Oh sweetie. You have a great attitude. I would still be crying!

Chloe said...

I'm always just bummed that I lost a chunk of my evening, but that was all softened by the fact that I had my knitting and who can poo-poo an excuse to knit for two hours with almost no interruption?

Chloe said...

I'm always just bummed that I lost a chunk of my evening, but that was all softened by the fact that I had my knitting and who can poo-poo an excuse to knit for two hours with almost no interruption?