Thursday, August 28, 2008

Absolutely Scrumptious!

My old boss gave me 5 skiens of absolutely scrumptious yarn as a thank you for helping out his department when his admin went on maternity leave. It by far was the best thank you gift I have ever received and oh so thoughtful! He had gone on a week vacation to Key West with his wife and decided, upon passing by the Knit-Wits yarn store, that he would go on in and get me some yarn. How cool is that?!

The idea was I would take the the yarn and knit Padon a sweater. So after some careful searching for the ultimate pattern to be knit with the ultimate yarn I decided upon a cardigan style sweater pleasently named "Babies First Tatoo". It took me about two months of knitting in the car, and on the bus, and in any apare time, with some arm warmers slipped in for Jane, to finish Padon's sweater but it came out perfectly. Not well represented by Padon, however, who was being goofy, wiggling around, and pulling at the sweater because I kept adjusting it closed. What a ham! I think I'm going to keep the sweater forever!


2 comments:

Troop 41653 said...

YUMMY!!!

joansy said...

He is adorable, as is the sweater. I look forward to seeing it on him whenever we see you next. :D