Monday, August 18, 2008

Lake Goodwin Rocks!

We live in an area that has 7 lakes. One of which is really nicely set up for families, picnics, and swimming. I had been with Padon once before and it was too cold to go swimming so I didn't know just how really cool Lake Goodwin was.

This Saturday Walter went off to Fight Practice and Padon and I went to Lake Goodwin. It was a glorious 85 degrees outside and the sun was high. I packed a lunch and stopped at QFC to get batteries for my camera and a free cookie for Padon. (Super cool!) Amazingly, even though it was close to noon we were able to find a parking spot easily and there was still room to choose a nice clump of grass to sit down on and have lunch.
After lunch I walked Padon out into the water which at first he was hesitant about but with the water being the perfect temperature of not cold and not warm he was soon sitting and splashing in the water and playing with the sand toys that his Auntie Jane had given him.
What blew my mind about Lake Goodwin was you could walk about 200 feet out into the lake and never get more than wading pool deep. It was awesome! The bottom was rock and sand and the water really clear so you could see the little fish swimming around. We walked way out in the water until I think Padon's legs felt tired from trying to pick up his feet with his sandles on and he kept trying to drop to his knees to crawl. I think had we kept on going we could have possibly made it almost all the way out to the dock in the picture below.
There was a lot of rock eating but I only had to pry out two rocks. The other ones I got him to happily chuck back in the water with him mimicing my gutteral "Yuccccccckkkkkk, Yuuucccckkkkkk!!!!!" sounds. I started to realize that he was getting tired and so I gestured at him with our Warren sign language "Are you all done?" He gestered back and I said "Ok" and we packed up our stuff and went home. He went right to sleep and had a long nap before we had to go to our friends house. It was such a good time I wish I could be home with Padon more during the days so we could go to the lake all the time with Walter and have picnics every day.

3 comments:

joansy said...

Looks like that was a lot of fun. I'm so glad that he is able to get so much use out of that outfit!

And, I think that picture number two is my favorite. :D

joansy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Troop 41653 said...

He is scrumptious!