Thursday, August 30, 2007

OMG, Why Didn't Someone Tell Me??!!

Oh Ma Gawd readers! Why is it that someone will point out your necklace is on backwards with the clasp hanging down but they won't tell you they can see your breast pads through your shirt?! I so wish I had a camera with me right now.

I got to work this morning at 7:30 and at 10:00 went down to the designated private room in my building where you can take a short cat nap, or use a breast pump and as I turned to shut the door behind me I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. ACK! You could see them so clearly through my pink blouse there is no question to what they are. Now, I had spoken to at least 6 people this morning between arriving to work and making my excursion downstairs to relieve the pressure. Why didn't anyone tell me, "Hey, did you know you can see your breast pads?" I once spent 20 minutes walking around Bellevue Square Mall before a lovely woman pulled me aside and told me that my skirt was tucked in my stalkings in the back. Lucky for me my skirt was layered and some how I had managed to tuck the top layer into my waist band and so my bottom was covered by the second layer, but 20 minutes people?! Do you know how many hundreds of people I walked by?

Lucky for me I keep a suit jacket at work, in the event I have to go to the executives floor where if you care about your job and ever moving up in the company you will wear a suit jacket, and I was able to put it on and then dash to the bathroom to confirm that everything was appropriately concealed.

I implore you sympathetic readers, please don't let people pass you by with huge wardrobe malfunctions; unless of course you know the person and you have some personal vendetta.

How is it that I could be pregnant and go 6 months with people telling me my clothes were getting smaller, I was looking bigger, and that my baby was going to be a big baby and not a single person could get the guts to say today " I can see you breast pads so well that it is obvious that they are two different sizes. You might want to do something about that."

Believe me the humiliation of someone telling you that you have inadvertently flashed the world will be much less then hours passing by and then discovering it on your own.

1 comment:

E said...

um, you've got a piece of toilet paper stuck to your shoe...