Monday, August 20, 2007

If I Lend Out my Baby Does That Mean I Get A Raise?

My boss threw a fabulous BBQ for our department as a Summer Party and a lot of my co-workers brought their families. It was really great to see everyone dressed down and I really love the opportunity for people to see me as I really am and not in business dress which really isn't my character.

Everyone was super excited to see Padon since last they had seen him was when he was 8 days old. He, of course, was passed around and my boss and his wife had to take a moment to take a picture, joking that the picture was going to be their Christmas card. I jokingly offered to let them keep him for a week and was promptly turned down.


Padon was fabulous! He didn't throw up on anyone, only cried because he was hungry and smiled and smiled and smiled at my boss and anyone who would smile back at him. He managed to contain all his usual copious amounts of mucus until we put him in his car seat to go home and then he appropriately spit up all overhimself twice like a baby gyser. It couldn't have been more perfect.

No comments: