Thursday, August 30, 2007

I Fought the Octopus and the Octopus Won...

So I saw the coolest scarf for a little kid online on this way cool website http://www.etsy.com/ and had to make it for my best friend's little girl, Eliot, for her third birthday. It came out so cool and I had enough yarn I decided I had to make one for my nephew, Greg, too!
-
The scarf online looked like a sea monster had swallowed the little girl's neck and with my pinkish yarn it looked more like a octopus. It was a hit with Eliot and it was so easy that I had another one made a week later. When I finished it I couldn't wait to see how it looked because I had made it smaller to accomodate a babies head. I put it on Padon and couldn't stop laughing. I lauged so hard I cried. Both Walter and my Dad thought it was pretty funny.
(This is really the last picture I took but with the look on his face it looks like it is starting to swallow his head so I had to put it first. )

When I made the scarf for Eliot I included a tag with a limerick on it so she would know what to do with this strange scarf and I did the same for Greg. I think I will have to do this for each scarf I make, if I make more, because it is just too fun.

In Monroe lives a girl Eliot;

Who kissed an octopus without regret.

When the octopus swallowed her crown

And around her neck did slide down,

Not afraid she just smiled and pet it.

(not Eliot, but the picture I put on her tag)


In Frederickson lives a boy named Gregory

Who saw an octopus for a small fee.

Entralled it hugged and caressed his face,

And around his neck did find a place,

To sit and snuggle; a site you see most rarely.

1 comment:

joansy said...

That scarf is great! I can't wait to see it on Greg!