Friday, August 3, 2007

First Smile

How wonderful it is when your baby turns to you for the first time and smiles this big watermelon smile!

Padon smiled first to Walter in response to him laughing and we both melted. With exuberant high pitched coos of "Padon, well look at you!" he just kept on smiling. I was melting with awe and jealousy and found myself tearing up at my love for them both. It was a big mile stone for me because I feel that Padon's smile and how often he smiles speaks volumes for his character and I wonder if he will be a child who laughs and smiles often even on the cloudiest of days.

I love how his smile comes when least expected and about the cutest things. For example I laid him in his bouncy seat and the little red dog with black and white feet and tummy, attached to the toy bar over the seat, was swinging back and forth with its own big watermelon smile and Padon looked at it and smiled so big as if the little red dog had just whispered a joke only a baby could understand. I loved it!

No comments: