Monday, May 2, 2011

Passed Out

I got the pleasure to hang out with Sophia all by myself, Saturday morning, and we had a good time playing on myside of the bedroom while I put away my shoes and clothes. Sophia is really cute about handing you things but then putting them back when you say "Nope, put the diaper back in the box." She purposefully turns around to put the diaper back in the box but then pauses to pull it or a new one back out of the box to play the whole game again. Eventually it became time for lunch and so I put her in her highchair and made her a mini cheese and ham quesadilla and gave her a sippy cup of milk. She doesn't need me staring at her while she eats and so I went back into my bedroom to finish up cleaning, since I was making really good progress. She had been jabbering happily away but then I realized that it had gotten really quiet. I came walking out of the bedroom saying "Hey, Pia, are you doing ok?" and rounded the chair to see this:

So freak'n cute she had fallen asleep with a hand on her milk and a piece of tortilla on her bib. I snapped a quick picture and then tried to gently pull the cup away. She jumped, like "Where's my milk! I wasn't sleeping!" I laughed and picked her up, giving her kisses, and put her down for a nap. The morning made me realize that we really needed to spend more one-on-one time together.

No comments: