Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My First Mother's Day Presents



Last Mother's Day was an emotional day for me. The day before Padon, Sophia, and I had gone to the Woodland Park Zoo for Mom and Me Day and had a good time but the actual Mother's Day was stressful due to bad traffic, trying to find lactose free ice cream, and family stress due to loud and rambunctious children at my parent's house. Walter wasn't there to help because he was helping with an SCA event and it was overall a very stressful day.

So this Mother's Day I surprised myself with my want of a special day just about me. It was seeming more and more like nothing was going to happen other then the get together I had preplanned with my Mom and sisters and I was feeling more and more disappointed. Until I came home on Friday to a potted purple flowering plant, a paper sunflower made up of yellow construction paper hand prints and a picture of Padon's smiling face, and a note that read " My love for you grows and grows" on the construction paper leaves. Padon was very excited to give me the present and said "smell it Mommy! It smells like candy!" and he was right! Next to it on the table was a magnetic framed picture of a smiling Pia that said "Happy Mother's Day! Love Sophia!" and had her tiny hand print stuck to it. I had to bite back the tears. I had been waiting for the day that my kids would make me Mother's Day presents and I LOVED them and it made my Mother's Day wonderful! I wouldn't have thought school made presents would come this soon but I loved them nonetheless and I love Josephine House for being so thoughtful as to make these things with my kids so they could help make my day that much more special. I'm going to save them forever!

No comments: