Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mini Me!

I think it was the first week we brought Padon home that I realized he looked exactly like Walter did in his new born pictures. A year later I got a picture of Padon drinking out of a can and showed Walter a similar picture of himself doing the same thing at around the same age and darned if Padon wasn't a little miniture Walter. It has been super cute but at the same time I think I was a little dissapointed that there wasn't more of me in Padon.
-
When Sophia was born I looked and looked at her but wasn't sure who she looked like and I looked for the similarities between her and Padon, not really seeing them jump out at me. It wasn't until Easter, and we stayed the night at my parent's house, that my Mom commented, after watching Sophia for me while I showered, that she had the same eyes I did as a baby that we started to pay more attention. I believe it was Jane who pulled out the photo albums and darned if Sophia wasn't a little mini me in the infant pictures! I find myself thinking "noooooooo...are you sure?" at her potentially growing up to look like me. I think that is my insecurity talking. I do think she is a beautiful little girl with a really nice shade of brown/red hair and bright blue eyes. I don't know why I feel apprehensive about her looking a lot like me. So silly.
-
- And addition to this Post submitted 2 months later -
It dawned on me that Padon and Sophia are rougly the same age differance as Walter and I! They really are a couple mini me's!

1 comment:

joansy said...

I think you're both beautiful, and I'm excited for her strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes. :D