Wednesday, May 12, 2010

If You'd Just Let Me Eat Dinner On My Own!

It works out in Sophia's daily schedule that when I get home she is naturally hungry. And Walter often is making, if not almost done with making, dinner. So I change my clothes as fast as I can so I can take the baby from him and sit down on the couch in time for him to hand me a plate and for me to position Sophia's bottle so she can eat. This leaves me trying to eat my dinner, off of a TV tray, about two feet from my mouth. Eatting then becomes a challenge, cause I'm hungry and I'm not, not going to eat. Can I get the food on the fork/spoon, from the plate, to my mouth (with it gapping open as big as I can get it), without loosing a single morsel?

Well this one night I was doing pretty well and shoveling in massive forkfuls of spaghetti, until I loaded the fork too much and got about 4 inches from my mouth when the whole forkful took a dive; a dive directly into Sophia's face. She didn't even cry, just looked shocked like, "what the?!" I was just glad the food wasn't hot. It made for a great picture!

1 comment:

Dear Baby said...

Can I get the food on the fork/spoon, from the plate, to my mouth without loosing a single morsel?

No. No you can't.