Friday, December 25, 2009

Still a Good Christmas

Granted my Christmas was spent in the hospital but it was still a good Christmas. Because Padon was staying with us in the hospital I was able to see him in his Christmas PJs (something I make for him every year and this year he chose the fabric) and that was awesome. My family came to the Hospital in the morning and brought my stocking, cinnamon rolls, orange juice, chocolate moose, and my Christmas presents. I was able to see Padon open up his Buzz Lightyear and Woody figures, and give Greg and Billy their presents. That was what I really wanted for Christmas and what originally made me want to cry when I first learned I was here through the holiday and thought I might not get the chance to be a part of those activities. I was also really glad for Walter to have the opportunity to go back to my parents house to a really wonderful meal, festivities and good drinks. I didn't get the same magnitude of "wow" out of Padon over Buzz Lightyear and Woody as I did from his Spiderman winter boots which light up when he walks. But he was excited to get them and I watched him hug Buzz and ask Walter for Woody because he needed both, and that was what I wanted to see. It totally fulfilled my months of fantasizing about whether Padon would think this was a great gift. This was the first opportunity to buy Padon something that he wanted, not what I thought he might want, and that just tickled me!

The rest of the day I spent watching Angel, reading one of the People magazines that my Mom brought, napping, and eating a pint of Ben and Jerry's. I guess the way to approach it is what Mom wouldn't relish a day of silence and solitude with a pint of ice cream? Ha!

1 comment:

Dear Baby said...

You really are amazing. I am so glad that you are able to glean the positive moments from this experience and just push aside all of the disappointments. It sucks to be an adult. I can imagine how hard this situation is and you are such a great example of perseverance.