Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Helping Mom Cook

While trying to cook dinner and keep Padon away from Walter so he could work on a project I enlisted Padon to help me cook dinner. I was a little nervous about standing him on the chair because his little feet were moving all over the place but it was still worth it to point out the asparagus and show him how if you bend the spear just right it will snap at intervals above the not so tasty fiborous end. I had to help him about 10 times before he got that by bending down and not pulling apart he could snap the asparagus with a satisfying "snap!" It did cause me to end up with a bunch of bite size pieces of asparagus ( I didn't know there were so many natural snapping sections) instead of long spears but they were tasty all the same and I loved the opportunity to cook with him.

No comments: