Monday, August 31, 2009

Last Summer Fling

PACCAR made employees this year take two mandatory weeks vacation between May 18th and September 4th to help save money and I took my last weeks vacation the last week of August. I really wanted to make the most of this last week and so we made an excursion to La Conner, about 26 miles north of our house. La Conner is a great little sea side town, much like Poulsbo; quaint with a bunch of little shops and cafes (and yarn store!). We had a nice time walking around town and ironically it was Walter who changed Padon's incredibaly stinky diaper, on the floor, in the corner, of the yarn shop while I browsed around looking for a delicious baby blanket yarn for Baby Y.

After La Conner we followed some scenic driving directions that Walter had mapped off of Google Maps and found ourselves south west of Anacortes at a new resturant on Flounder Bay. Padon got to work on his coloring, a favorite past time now, and felt the need that I take a picture of his sandwich after seeing me take a couple of other pictures.

I even got to knit for a while in the car on our long ride home, completing the back left side and binding off of the front and back (yes, yes, I know, knit speak). It was such a nice day and Walter and I both agreed we love these types of excursions. Too bad manila clams aren't in season. It would have made it an extordinary day to have a bucket of those too. Yum! We love them!

1 comment:

joansy said...

That sounds like a nice trip! I absolutely love that picture of you and Padon.