Monday, August 31, 2009

5th Annual Stitch 'n' Pitch!

There are a group of gals that meet every Wednesday in Bothell to just chat and knit. I can never get there in time to really make the mad dash and gas worth it and so I don't get to see them often but I do really enjoy it when I can. Last year they were talking about attending the Stitch 'n' Pitch Mariner's game and how much fun they had the previous week. I was jealous they had been able to go to such a thing and I so wished I had gone. So when the newsletter popped up in my email asking who wanted to go to the 5th Annual Mariner's Stitch 'n' Pitch I was all over it.
I had not been to a baseball game since I was 9 and I felt at the time that the game was super boring, incredibly slow, and the highlight of the game was throwing peanut shells, with my Sister and Cousin, on the people below us. Since then the baseball field, colosseum, arena, (what do you call it?) has been remodeled and was really nice. They put all the Stich 'n' Pitcher's up in the 300's and when you got off the top of the most top escalator there were vendors galore selling yarn, fiber(!), books, knitting/ crocheting needles and all kinds of other wonderful fiber goodness. I depressingly glanced over the vendors I had to pass to get to section 337 because there was no money for more fiber goodness but it was wonderful to know that there was such a turn out. Now I know to plan for a little knitting or spinning treat next year.

About half of the knitting group was there and it was nice to sit with people I knew even if just slightly. It was also really nice to be surrounded by so many people who had a similar love to me.

And the seats were really great. Just behind and to the left of home base I had a great view.

The Mariners lost 8 to 4 to the Kansas Royals and it was still an extremely boring game but I would totally go again and look forward to the 6th annual Stitch 'n' Pitch. I got a lot done on a little sweater for Baby Y, loved the knitting vibe I got from the many different generations and kinds of people around me, and relished the uninterrupted knit, knit, knit.

1 comment:

joansy said...

How cool! That sounds like a great time.