Wednesday, September 5, 2007

We Had A Summer?...Really?.......

-
So we supposedly had a spectacular lighting and thunder storm here in the Puget Sound, Monday night, but either it never made it to Stanwood or Walter and I have become sound sleepers and slept through the whole thing. It was this thunderstorm that prompted a local journalist to write an article on how we did too have a summer this year and even though it really felt like it too had taken a summer vacation it was no different then the average summer we usually receive.

http://www.komotv.com/news/9566232.html

As I read the article I felt like, "Really?...." until I got to the last bit where he created a sunshine index to rate the summer glow and developed this hypothesis:

Average "sunshine index" for each day of the week:
Monday: 3.39
Tuesday: 4.93
Wednesday: 5.39
Thursday: 4.39
Friday: 3.86
Saturday: 3.22
Sunday: 2.07

Add it all up, and summer was out there this year -- you just had to take off Tuesday and Wednesday to enjoy it.

So for all us poor saps, that are cubicle jockies and who, like me, have to crane and just about break our necks to get a glimpse of the outside world through our boss's window, just happened to work our way through the best part of the summer. I’ve never wanted to go back to manual labor as much as I did this summer. I didn’t even get to develop my Irish tan and definitely didn't get to absorb as much solar warmth as I need to make it through the dreary gray skies and long winter that the North West generally likes to present. Uhhhhhh, if it wasn't for the holidays to come......



No comments: