Sunday, September 16, 2007

Padon Has The Coolest Room Ever!!!!!!!

Ok, if I was a little person and I had Padon's room I would pee my pants and then never leave it. (Pee my pants as in so excited, not because I'm not potty trained; for those of you who have never heard my "oh ma gawd, I'm so excited" lingo.


It was a huge undertaking. The room previously was white, with hideous sponge stamped butterflies in a border around it. It probably wouldn't have been such an undertaking if I hadn't mistakenly purchased a oil based primer to put our acrylic based top coat on. It took forever for things to dry and for the smell to go away.


The carpet that was in the room when we moved into the house had a huge hole as well as a pile of cat poop smooshed into it. Luckily we got new carpet installed in the room a couple weeks before Padon was born, which added its own chemical smell but was super squishy and made me smile at the thought of him playing on it. It was exactly what I wanted but was cheap enough that I wouldn't cry at the thought of glitter, glue, or paint getting on it; which I think is what a little kids carpet should be ready for.

So here it is; the unveiling of Padon's Room! (Think nature and the size of a bug)


Reading is super important to me and once while in the Edmonds Library I noticed they had a big row boat in their kids section. In it they had filled it with giant pillows. I thought that was the coolest thing ever and hoped to someday have something like that for myself. My dream has come true through Padon. Under three giant green leaves are roughly 20 pillows of different sizes in rock shapes and prints. They are super squishy and with our three year old friend Max's approval are totally pillow fight proof. You can easily take a rock to the head without shedding a tear. Sweet!!!!! And they make the perfect pile to flop and jump into.



The curtains are awesome! Too shear for nap time they are lined with a blue shower curtain (awesome cheap alternative to curtains). But the shear side has teal stars with black bats flying by. I love that with a tug of a curtain we can turn day into night for when the room needs to be its darkest to keep small eyes closed and sleeping. The curtains even have bats roosting in the corners waiting to fly outside.




The table and chairs was another total steal. I really wanted chairs and a table that could be easily moved from bedroom, to living room, to outside for especially messy craft projects, playing, and snack time. I loved the bright colors and it fit perfect in his room. Too bad he's still too small to climb into the seats.



He doesn't have a bureau so a portion of this incredibly large shelving unit is clothes, sheets, blankets, burp cloths, shoes, socks, and baby accessories and the rest is books to read, and toys at levels of "I don't care if you ruin them and you can't hurt yourself", and "uh, I'll play with that with you".


Hanging from the ceiling are three lights. Two are blue lamp shades with blue and green beads hanging from them like rain drops and one large chinese lantern painted with orange and yellow spirals to act as the sun. It doesn't give as much light as I hoped so I may have to change some things.


So after 8 months or so of trying to get the room finished, for now, I think this room is the best! I mostly can't wait to read to him on the pillows. We have already started to develop his library and I think it's never to early to start reading to him.

Even his bathroom is great!


1 comment:

joansy said...

That room looks so awesome! Nice job!