Monday, September 24, 2007

One for the Baby Book

Oh this is so something for Padon's Baby Book!
-
So what is the first movie we take Padon to and the first movie we have seen in the theater in almost a year? Resident Evil - Extinction!

A great movie and both Walter and I highly recommend it, but a bit of a challenge with a baby.

Padon was the superstar movie baby and didn't make a sound but when we first walked into the theater with the previews already rolling he sat in his infant carseat looking around with his little eyes really wide, like "what is that?!" We watched him for a moment to see what he would do; it was really loud. We hadn't even gotten to the I'm-going-to-eat-you zombie screaming yet. He started to crinkle up his face as he usually does when stationary in his car seat and so I unclipped him and held him in my lap. It took one loud crash and a bright flash for him to jump and Walter and I looked at each other and whispered "do we leave now or do we give him 5 more minutes." I took his thick and fluffy receiving blanket and accordian folded it and wrapped it around his head in a "u" shape covering his little ears. I then held his pacifier in his mouth and plugged his ears the best I could. I let a flap of the blanket fall over my hand and over his face (not only to block out the flashes of light but because he actually watches TV at home when it is on and I didn't want him "watching" the movie). With all this he actually (after a little squirming) fell asleep. He did jump a couple more times when the sound made a big change from someone heavily breathing in angst to a jump out at you gorey face, screaming, but he never opened his eyes and just kept on sleeping.

Walter and I left the movie thinking it was really good, wanting to see it again, and applauding Padon who smiled and smiled as we walked through the lobby.

I just can't wait until someone asks, "so what was your baby's first movie?" and I reply, "Oh, Resident Evil - Extinction."

No comments: