Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ursalmus 2010 - Sophia's 1st SCA Event

Sophia's first SCA event was Ursalmus. Funny enough had she been born on time we would have totally missed it but here we were a month later! I found Padon's first SCA outfit and it fit her perfectly, even the little cap (which for Padon had been too small). She even had little Ug boots but we couldn't keep them on her feet.I was glad we could go to Ursalmus because our friends Tim and Amy were going to be in town for the week and it seemed it might be the only chance we would get to see them. I was glad that we would get to see them, they could remeet Padon who they hadn't seen since he was 3 months old, and they could meet Sophia.
Leah (above) had offered to bring Ally's (below) old wool norse dress for Sophia and I accepted. Funny enough, the dress had been much, much larger, but Shane, Leah's hubby, had washed and dried it, and like lovely wool does, it felted and shrunk like there was no tomorrow. Happy for me, creating a perfect Sophia sized 10th century Norse style dress. Surprisingly it was still a little snug around the middle so later I washed it and stretched it over a large pickle jar restretching the fibers. Hopefully it will still fit at the next event. It made for the perfect medievel sleep sack because the skirt was so long. I plan on trimming it and maybe sewing a decorative trim, but with the shirt and pants I had made Padon, the dress looked so cute on Sophia.
She slept through the whole event, and Padon had a great time. Tim and Amy were happy to see us, and we them, and afterwards we all went over to another friends house for a welcome back party. We didn't get home until 2am! Which was rough because the next day we had to get up much earlier then we felt we could for Billy's birthday party, a party we didn't want to miss. What cracked me up was we were able to get Padon out of bed, but the minute he hit ours, as Walter and I continued to get things together, he was sound asleep. I thought the kids were so cute and such a great picture of what a great time we had, had.

No comments: