Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Folk Life 2009

Walter got to come with Padon and I to the Folk Life Festival this year and we had a great time hanging with our friend Nick, his boyfriend , and Jane, Jason and Katherine. Nick sadly had to leave early because his very adorable Puggle puppy wouldn't allow him to move 5 ft without someone stopping him to ask about the puppy, the puppy kept him from going to the beer garden which was Nick's main goal, and his boyfriend wasn't feeling very well.
When Walter and Nick went to go get a beer Padon and I went to the fountain. I was interested in what he would think this year since it was such a lovely hot day and he was older than last year when it made him cry to get wet.

It took a little warming up to it but in the end he was running around in the spray of the water, laughing, screaming, and chasing kids who didn't know they were being chased. This was Padon's interpretation of what they were doing after watching kids scream to the fountain and away.
He ran all around the fountain and had a lot of fun climbing up the steep sides and sliding (yeah that killed his diaper) back down the cement. Thanks again to the dude that caught my summersaulting child because I couldn't get to him fast enough.
It was a really great time. I got to wear and break in my super sweet hot pink Converse that Walter got me, got a new and very cool hippe purse, got to see friends I hadn't seen in a long time, including Mihn Cow from AA Party Rentals, and snapped a very adorable picture of Padon and Walter. I love that they love each other so much!

No comments: