Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lake Goodwin Rocks!

I got the whole first week of June off from work and it was awesome! I got three big projects done, got to spend the whole day with Padon on his birthday, and we went to Lake Goodwin; which I think if I was home all the time we would go to at least twice a week during the summer.
I had to take pictures to capture the super sweet cheeky buns peeking out of Padon's too big swimming suit.

Padon's first sandy hole and bucket full of water (refilled again and again to keep the pool full). It totally reminded me of playing in the sand on Long Island. My buns totally got burned on Long Island once trying to dig a hole deeper than I was tall. It was great!

Again I was amazed at how awesome the lake is to only be knee and mid thigh deep until it quickly becomes waist deep about 5 feet from the dock. The water temperature is always awesome. It's like the biggest wadding pool ever. Padon and I walked out really far.

I took this picture and thought that were my Mom to see it, it would reminder her of me when I was 3 (?) and she had taken a picture of me after putting some sand on my legs as I played with it in my hands.

Sarah made a comment to this post referencing how hard it is to get a candid picture taken of you when you are the rememberer of the camera and have the foresight to know that this is a memory that needs to be captured. For this reason, if it wasn't for Jane, I'd have a lot more out stretched camera pictures of myself with Padon. I also felt it necessary to post this picture because Padon is laughing at me, behind me, because I was telling him to say "cheese" when I took the picture. His whole take on it was, "you eat cheese, you don't say cheese when taking a picture! Ha, ha, ha, Mom...cheese.....!"

3 comments:

Dear Baby said...

What a couple of honnies. Hey, your hair is now the same color as your shirt was then! :)

Looks like you two had a great time.
I always wish that someone would take a picture of the babies and I (are you listening Wayne?) I'm always so thankful when Jane is near by.

Dear Baby said...

You couldn't have been 3 in that photo! I guess 1 and a half. Mom?

joansy said...

That's a great candid shot of you and Padon! I love taking those shots, that's how Jason and I get the pictures of us together. :) If you do it enough, you get the hang of it and can tell when you're aiming at your head or your chest. :D