Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tee-hee! Eatting Beaters!

To make groceries stretch to the max I concerve a lot of left over things and then once every couple weeks have a day of cooking to use up the bits around the fridge, freezer and cupboard like the chicken broth, spinich and brocolli juice, zucchini, and any other items hanging around the kitchen to refill the coffers and let Walter believe once again that we do indeed have food in the house. This past Sunday, until I ran out of eggs, I was able to make Zucchini bread from a Zucchini I got from Erin at the end of the summer, poor mans rice pudding, soup from my chicken broth and vegetable broth, wild rice, ham, and brocolli, made a huge batch of chicken broth from chicken bones and meat from last January's Feast of Revelry (About time!) and overcooked chicken fingers, and made two homepade pizzas using frozen left over spaghetti sauce, spinich, garlic, thyme, and dry salami. I also made chocolate chip cookies from the last of the chocolate chips and introduced Padon to the beater and spatula. I totally missed getting a picture of him trying to cramb the whole spatulla in his mouth but he really enjoyed it and was really wowed. I felt so tickled. And he was so good while I did all this cooking around him.
Supposedly the pointy part of the beater feels good when poked in your stomach.

2 comments:

joansy said...

What is poor man's rice pudding? How is it different from regular rice pudding?

Chloe said...

I boiled the rice and added cinnimon and evaporated rice to the cooked rice instead of following the whole rice pudding recipe. So instead of being thick like cooked oatmean it was runny like rice with evaportated milk poured over top. It tasted almost the same and Padon ate it but I still need to go back and use up the remainder of our rice and do it the right way.