Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Oh, Man Where to Start?!

Oh, Man where to start?! It has been so long since I posted and I was being so good about it.
I got asked in August to be the Coordinator for PACCAR Financial's United Way Campaign and it pretty much absorbed my life for the month of October. The Campaign week was the week of October 20th and while it was a whorlwind of activity and extrememly long hours designing two websites; one for PFC and one for PLC, flyers and logos, shoping for supplies, and organizing the schedule, it was successful and I think we raised almost $30,000. Rock On!
-
We had all kinds of activites and prizes planned including a Breakfast Java stand where my partner Elena brought in some delicious european coffee,

and a Welcome Party letting people know why PACCAR works with United Way, passing off to the invited speaker, announcing the weeks events, and ushering people to the treats.

With the Theme Office Olympics I designed, delegated, and assembled a mini putt-putt golf course made out of office supplies in our Pavilion that people thought was cool but hard;

We had chair rowing races where if you shuffled your feet you got a 5 second penalty;

and even though I was in a skirt there was so little participation that I played too, hoping to rally the troops. It was a lot of fun!

We had a rubber band archery competition that started with flinging pens across a conference room with rubber bands but when the ink in the pen flew out of the pen all over the table, wall, and screen because of the centrifical force we just stuck to snapping rubber bands. Note the broken Freightliner (booooooo, big truck competitor).

For the Office Olympic games we gave out gold, silver, and bronze (well black) binder clip awards to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners as well as certificates. I won honorable mention as well as 3rd place in the chair rowing race.

We ended the campaign with a crazy and stylish shoe competition and trying to get people in the spirit I wore both my barbie highheel shoe and one of Walter's sweet leather boots.

Ambre wore my last Christmas dream slippers; a pair of sock monkey slippers that I tried to convince Walter I needed last year with the sock monkey print flannel pajamas. I didn't get them and Ambre won first place. Seems I'm not the only one who thought they were super cool!

Elena and I hosted a Thank You! Reception in the end and everyone thought it was a great campaign. Hopefully it will make PACCAR people oooo and awe years to come as they look at my PDR. And hopefully it will inspire someone to give me a raise. Ummmmmm a raise.....


3 comments:

joansy said...

Chloe, that looks fantastic! What a lot of work and effort your put into that!

Also, I love your clothes!

Chloe said...

Thanks! It was a lot of fun!

Chloe said...

Oh, and thank you! on the clothes. Sometimes it is just too hard to find "the" outfit in the morning.