Friday, September 16, 2011

Sophia's Wreath

Awe, the things you can get done on a vacation! I finally got Sophia's wreath done! I kind of wish I had done this for myself with my wedding rehearsal bouquet. I had saved a lot of the ribbons and decorations from the gifts and flowers that Sophia received, when she was born, as well as just about all the gift bags, and had also purchased silk flowers commemorative of the real flowers she and I had received. For the last (almost) two years all these things have been sitting in Sophia's room, on her table and in a vase on her bookshelf, and finally, last week, I got the ribbon tied, the flowers glued, the bags cut into flower shapes, and everything assembled on the wreath! I'm pretty stink'n proud of myself and Walter couldn't stop saying "wow!" It came out as great as I hoped. I hope Sophia will always think it is special. Right now she loves the butterflies (a.k.a "buff-fly!") and birds (a.k.a "ducks" or "boop" or "ba").

1 comment:

joansy said...

It really is beautiful!! Great Job!