Friday, January 28, 2011

Dad-da-dee!!!

*Picture of Pia Coming Soon*
So Pia's first word was "Daddy" or more specifically "Da-da-deee!" Aw, sniff, for the long distance working Mom. It was soon followed by Mamma but everytime something gets a little stressful or I don't appear to be carrying my weight in the parenting responsibilites that make a Pia happy, she starts calling Da-da-dee, Da-da-dee, or more recently just Dada! More crushing when she is crying and clawing my shoulder as if to vault over it. This usually happens after I have put her to bed, she has cried past her 20 minute mark, and after seeing that I'm back, she starts looking around for him and won't stop crying until I show her that he's still there.

Props for Walter though in obviously being a stellar caretaker. Sophia loves him dearly, regardless of his whiskery kisses, and knows she can rely on him for her happiness. That does give me warm gushy love feelings. He is such a rock star Dad.

1 comment:

Dear Baby said...

Well, I witnessed how much she loves you and needs you for reasurance. So, she loves her daddy firecly but she loves her mommy too and clings to you for safety and security.