Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What a Ham!

Last night I came home and as usual was greated by Roadie and Padon at the baby gate that keeps them in the dining room and out of the kitchen as Walter makes dinner. Padon was telling me all about the punching balloon he received at Ivor's Birthday Party on Sunday, and how there was a fish, in the fish bowl, in the water, on the wall. He then climbed up on the chair ,that is jammed against the gate to insure that Roadie and Padon will stay out of the kitchen, to explain the fish in closer proximity. I happily listened to his explainations and then asked him to get down so I could get out of the kitchen (typically I would step over the gate but at almost 8 months pregnant I can't anymore). He started to get down quickly and then stopped, half of his body hanging of the chair, his legs kicking and his arms flailing. Smiling he started yelling "Help, help, I'm falling, I'm falling, help, help!" As if he was on the edge of a cliff. I laughed and told him to get off so I could get out.

When I finally did get out of the kitchen I went in the bedroom to put down my stuff and get out of my work clothes and into more comfy clothes. When I came back out Padon was at the TV watching the rolling credits from the movie Ice Age. He had his fingertips hooked on the TV where the screen glass meets the plastic of the TV monitor and he had his chin pressed against the TV stand. Suddenly he started making gobbling gestures with his hands and making gulping sounds as the credits rolled down toward his face. He was eatting the credits! He looked so funny and these acts of creativity and imagination were just too funny to experience. I'm so glad I got to be there to see it. Walter said he hadn't seen Padon do either of those things before and I think he was bummed he was making pancakes when it happened.

1 comment:

joansy said...

Pancakes for dinner sound delicious.

What a fun guy Padon is!