Monday, November 23, 2009

I Have To Find A New OB-GYN When?!

So PACCAR just had their once a year Open Enrollment period where you are given the opportunity to change your health insurance and update your flexible spending account for the new year. This year I took a long hard look at the three insurance options that PACCAR offers and found that while Group Health and Premera Blue Cross are nearly identical in coverage, Group Health's monthly premiums are $100 cheaper! Well, dang-it, I could really use that $100! Not to mention Group Health caps out at $4,000 a year and Premera does not. I figured it out and by not having that cap with Premera I was looking to spend about $2,600 more this coming year then I would if I was with Group Health. Phenominal! So I had to make the tough decision and change our health insurance to Group Health.

Sadly this means, because my doctor's office doesn't take Group Health HMO, I can't use my lovely, empathetic, and understanding OB-GYN come January. January 1st I need to find a new Group Health OB and luckily there is a nice list of providers even closer to my work then my current OB-GYN's office. Phew! I already checked and Group Health's local Bellevue Hospital is Overlake so luckily I can still go back to Overlake with Sopha.

This transition totally made my stomach flop when I realized this very late in the pregnancy change we were going to have to make, but then I realized that we never got a tour of Overlake with Padon because he was early, a strange doctor delivered Padon because Dr. Graham was on vacation and wasn't available, and they only keep you for 24 hours anyway so who can't suck it up for 24 hours; especially when all the doctor does is come in and catch the baby and isn't there for most of the delivery anyway. Really, it will be pretty much the same as having Padon. I still hope the doctor is cool though.

4 comments:

joansy said...

Did you take this picture just for this post? Love it! :D

Good luck on finding a new doctor. Do you want me to ask around on the internet community I frequent for recommendations?

Chloe said...

Sure! It would be nice to have or request a doctor that someone just loved. I was just going to try to read up on them online.

I took the picture for another project where I was looking for a specific facial expression and it worked for the post so I used it:).

Chloe said...

Side note: I did find a Group Health Doctor that was one of two that I thought sounded fantastic and funny enough were the only two I could find reviews on, on the internet. And the reviews were very, very positive. So come January, baby Sophia will be delivered by Susan Storck (yeah, storck, how cool is that?!) assuming everything goes according to plan.

joansy said...

I'm glad that you found one you like! Will you have to wait to meet her until after the first of the year?