Tuesday, January 13, 2009

2nd Christmas

How can you go wrong with Gingerbread Sock Monkey PJ's?!
-
As Patrick, my brother, noted, this Christmas was one of the best Christmases. Hard to put a direct finger on it but it was just a lot of fun. Like usual Walter, Padon and I went down to my parent's on Christmas Eve and hung out with them and my brother watching Hell Boy 2. Padon was totally at ease with my parents and Pat and is finally old enough that he recognizes who they are and their home and that gives me warm fuzzies.

I was super excited about Padon wearing his new Christmas Pajamas and giving him his present, the Fisher Price Amazing Animals Choo-choo Train that he loved in Costco, and for the first time he got it! He got that the train was a gift for him and he opened it himself and loved it! He even kind of got the idea of his stalking which was so much fun.


Both Padon and Greg were so much fun to watch and their delight delighted me even more making the holiday that much more special.

The food was great and it seemed we all had more fun this year, and maybe were a little more relaxed. Although, hummm, maybe it was just me.





Greg was so cute with his antlers that he loved to wear.

And total props to my Dad for taking tons of Christmas pictures and giving them to me!

Just when it seemed the Christmas Holiday was over Walter and I packed ourselves up to go home and have Christmas again. Walter's Dad, Leo, was coming over for a second Christmas and I was preparing the meal. Everything came together beautifully; Pomegranite Molasses Glazed Cornish Game Hens with Pomegranite Pilaf, fresh bread from the bread maker, creamed spinich, and fresh apple pie for dessert. Ok, so the hens had to go back in the oven one more time but as far as my dinner-served-late track record goes dinner was pretty much on time and that rocked. What rocked even more was that Padon went down for a nap right when dinner was ready and we got to eat uninterrupted and no delicious food was thrown on the floor.

It really was a great Christmas. Sorry Baby, it's true, it is roughly another 345 days until we do it again.

No comments: