Monday, November 10, 2008

I Finally Got To See The Trans-Siberian Orchestra!


Walter saw a commercial for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and called me at work to say, hey they're in town, you have always wanted to go, I think we should do it! And being on a two paycheck a month budget and having recieved an "extra check" in October and therefore already having our Christmas money in hand I went to Ticket Master and made us the owners of two tickets to Trans-Siberian Orchestra!

I wasn't sure what to expect other than what I had heard on the three CD's I own and I was really excited to finally go and see them. The first half of the 3 hour show was their Christmas show that was on the CD I have (above). Walter found it to be too Halmark (his words) and wished that there was more rock'n roll and less narration and slow singing. The second half of the show were songs that were some of their most popular and they were really awesome and didn't let us down when they promised the crowd they were going to start blowing stuff up. It was an amazing light show the whole time and the music really was incredible. We had full view of the stage and could feel the heat of the flaming jets. It was very cool! Afterwards we went to dinner at the Racha Thai and Noodle House ( it was just ok) and then went back to Erin and Evan's house where we hung out drinking tropical shots and rum and coke. It was a lot of fun and huge thanks to Erin and especially Evan for watching Padon for us for most of the day.

The pictures below I had to get off the web. I did bring my camera but they made Walter take it back to the car because camera's weren't allowed. Thank goodness we got a good parking spot not too far from the Key Arena.



Amazing!

No comments: