Monday, December 17, 2007

Pumpkin Patch

-

Due to some procrastination and schedule conflicts I wasn't able to make it out to the pumpkin patch with Padon before Halloween so I was really disappointed when I drove out to the closest one to find it totally cleaned up and closed for the season. Walter had told me that QFC (Quality Food Center) had a really nice harvest display outside its front doors and I thought well maybe if we go there we can get some nice pictures. But it seemed with the end of Halloween, there was no need to hold on for Thanksgiving, everything that I would have construed as Harvest Decorations and bouquets of flowers were gone. It really did look quite bare. All that was left was a really large metal bin with various types of squash in side. I had a bit of an anxiety attack at the thought of a QFC person coming out to give me a once over for even thinking of putting my baby in the food they were trying to sell but then I grasped hold of one of my main mantras - "Do now and ask for forgiveness later." I layed Padon down on the squash wondering if he would cry because they were lumpy but he just looked at me like "what?!" and then smiled because, of course, I was smiling at him. And I started snapping pictures. Man! Did they come out good! We did draw a crowd of shoppers and QFC attendants but they all thought he was so cute and wished they had thought of it as a few of them had traversed the mobs of tiny tots at the pumpkin patch and found it more stressful then fun.


He was especially enamored with the red squash infront of him. He couldn't take his eyes off of it.







No comments: