Monday, October 26, 2009

Note to Self

Don't play Dance Dance Revolution when 6 1/2 months pregnant. I have always loved this game and when we had more money and the Playstation was our exclusive game station I told Walter I thought he should buy it for me (you can get a mat that goes on the floor with the game disc and you dance on that mat) for Christmas, or my birthday, or whenever. He just laughed, didn't believe I would really play it, and I have never gotten it or really tried it for that matter. So last weekend when some friends took me to GameWorks for my birthday I thought, darn it, I'm going to try it! The minute I stepped on it though I thought, oh what the heck am I doing, I can't move that fast and jump?, yeah right! I tell you I tried though. So I had to hold onto my protruding belly and I got thoroughly boo'd by the game for not hitting the steps hard enough or jumping at the right time but it was still fun and I learned I suck. Ha! I still would love to go again, it was fun, but next time not pregnant. Funny enough a 4ish year old girl stood their staring at me half the time with a look on her face like, "what the?!...."I think Sophia slept through the whole thing.

3 comments:

Dear Baby said...

I wouldn't have thought gameworks and pregnant went together. No drinking? No rides? Lots of standing and walking? Not much of a sit down arcader myself but I suppose there is always the people watching. Did Padon come? I bet Walter had a great time.

Chloe said...

It was just me, Nick, Andy, and Jeff. Walter was home with Padon. At first I thought, Game Works....ummmm...but Jeff was excited about the 4 cards he had to share and that it wouldn't cost us any money and so we went. And Andy bought me the most delicious virgin Mango Margarita I have ever had (you can carry your drinks through out Gameworks) and we played a zombie shooting game and tried our hand at a sensored hand rythum game. And then Jeff and I played the Japanese Drum Game and then Nick and I tried out the Dance Dance Revolution with my prodding. I don't think he even though, "should you be doing this?"

Dear Baby said...

Men! Well those men will probably have very limited exposure to prego chicks and can honestly claim ignorance. It was a very nice gesture.